Captain Jason

The latest news on the recover of Jason after his injury in Iraq by an IED.


Pictures

Snail Mail:

Cpt. Jason Scott
WRAMC Building 20
Mologne House Hotel #316
6900 Georgia Ave. NW
Washington DC 20307

Phone: 202 577 0092

Saturday, November 26, 2005

From Idaho

Glad to hear that you all had a good Thanksgiving. Nancy and I made it home late Sunday night last week and I immediately started the catch up work.
Even though this is late, I wanted to say how much we enjoyed out visit with Jason, Katy and Dow. Jason made giant leaps in the rehab progress and we were there for the good news that Jason is going to be able to drive--he said he was excited about getting 50 percent off his car insurance cost with Geico. Jason has the fastest wit on the East Coast. It does my heart good to see him dish it out to his Dad--what goes around comes around big brother.
On Thanksgiving I had so many things to be Thankful for: The chance to spend time and laugh with Jason, for the inspiration from Jason, Dow and Katy, for my sister Nancy to travel with--someone else to laugh with and my husband who made the travel arrangements. Thanks to Lisa for helping to schedule. And I'm also thankful for our sister Susie who went first and then called us with helpful hints about travel, metro and buses plus watching out for our well being. Then there is Bob who will be visiting next week. I think that family and friends are what it is all about.
Thank you to the volunteer family who provided a place for us to stay in Washington DC and the volunteers who picked us up at the airport and took us back. Thanks to Kathy Quin for all the phone calls to set this up and again to Lisa.

When we returned to our host family at night after spending the day at Walter Reed, we told the stories of Jason and other wounded soldiers. Michael reminded us of this poem. I think it fits well. Thank you to Jason and all our US troops.

I Am The Captain Of My Soul

Out of the night that covers me, black as the pit from pole to pole. I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears, looms but the horror of the shade, and yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find me, unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul.


"Invictus,"
by William Earnest Henley

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Jason's Aunt Barb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home