Captain Jason

The latest news on the recover of Jason after his injury in Iraq by an IED.


Pictures

Snail Mail:

Cpt. Jason Scott
WRAMC Building 20
Mologne House Hotel #316
6900 Georgia Ave. NW
Washington DC 20307

Phone: 202 577 0092

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

"Stairstepping" on Tuesday=WOW!!!!!

Another beautiful blue sky day in DC, but the weekend is forecasted to be rain.
Jason started out with PT stretches and strengthening. John his OT is still out in IL looking for his after-Army position so Jason did not have OT Monday or Tuesday. Jason is to go to the prosthetic department on Wednesday to check on his body powered prosthetic which hasn't been fitted yet.

In the afternoon session of PT Jason worked out on the "stairs steps," that is he actually climbed the stairwells in WR; remember that each floor has a half floor in between Jason stepped up from the 3rd floor to 3 1/2 to 4 to 4 1/2 to 5 to 5 1/2 to 6 to 6 1/2 to 7 and back down! Wow what a way to celebrate major surgery to remove excess growing bone from your hip one week ago!! A miracle of healing and who Jason is and will be!

Jason came back to the room but did not take a nap which I thought the stairstepping would have worn him out. About 4 PM I headed out to go to Whole Foods to purchase dinner. Jason wanted beef, I got him London Broil from the deli, he ate all 8 oz, medium well. Jason also wanted POM juice so I got him two bottles. We stocked up on goodies as Jason's friends Chris and Erin arrive tonight from Chicago for the weekend. Dow will arrive on Friday for a long weekend visit.

After dinner we watched Law and Order, Jason really likes the show until 9 when Jodi and Jason have their call. During the call, I spent the time reading the Washington Post in the lobby of the Mologne House.

Note: Restaurant Policy
I had a meeting with the day manager of Mologne House. She was very polite but taken aback that I called the MHH "the eighth floor of Walter Reed Hospital." I told her that this concern really was about the mission of MHH and what it is today versus its original design and mission. I told her that "patients and families live here up to a year" and the MHH management needed to be cognizant of that and redesign policies and space to meet family needs. She recommended that I speak to a woman in Recreation that oversees space so that I could "schedule a family event in an available room on post during restaurant hours." I called and we will try to get together next week after I return. So the "eating without a table" continues.

In the meantime the ice machines are out on the 2nd and 3rd floors going on a week now and I have heard excuses:
1. There is a leak in the water pipes and we don't know when it will be fixed.
2. We will report it to the maintenance manager.
3. Surprised look, "Really?" when every parent I have talked to knows about it
4. From maintenance, "I'll have to restart it."
5. None of the ice machines are working. (I personally have gotten ice from machines on 1 and 4)

Sigh, and MHH is a "hotel..."
I reported to Sgt Beattie in the elevator as we rode up together.

Blessings of cool water
"Good Luck, and Good Night."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home