Captain Jason

The latest news on the recover of Jason after his injury in Iraq by an IED.


Snail Mail:

Cpt. Jason Scott
WRAMC Building 20
Mologne House Hotel #316
6900 Georgia Ave. NW
Washington DC 20307

Phone: 202 577 0092

Thursday, March 16, 2006

While Mom was gone...

Got back late Tuesday, report from Jason. I hope I have it more or less correct:
Jason said, "I had a good time while Chris and Erin were here." Chris and Erin rented a car a grand pri so Jason et al would have wheels to "gad about town" and they did!

On Thursday they saw the "worst movie I have ever seen, Ultraviolet" in Chinatown. Jason introduced them to the Matchbox where Dennis and I had eaten with Jason earlier. Everyone enjoyed the meal. On Friday they caught up with Jason after PT and with Dow who had arrived on Friday headed to another movie Libertine which they all enjoyed. The "fabulous four" also went to hear an Irish Rock Band The Pogues. Jason said, "They were good." Jason also said they went to a restaurant which"sold a beer so rare" you could only have one glass. Jason said, "The beer was not so good."

On Saturday, they all piled into the car and headed to Baltimore. Seeing the aquarium has been one of the places Jason wanted to visit while in the DC area. Jason enjoyed the visit with Erin and Chris a lot. Erin and Chris had to return to Chicago on Sunday returning the auto at the airport. Jason reported that Erin and Chris enjoyed staying with Ron who, if you remember, has two dogs, three cats and two parrots. I had purchased a couple of dog bones for my next visit to buy their favor but Chris and Erin found them in the room and "gave them to the dogs" before me!

On Tuesday Dow had to return to Chicago and he and Jason headed downtown because Jason wanted to order a pair of prescription Oakley glasses. He had gotten tired of the "Army issued" prescription frames. Jason was excited with his choice and the glasses should arrive in about a week. But on the way home his cellphone, top of theline, fell out of his pocket on the train. Jason realized it as soon as he stopped off; tried to reenter but Metro trains are deadly. Jason couldn't get back on. When I arrived I found him in a funk over the lost cellphone and especially his lost ability to text message Jodi which they do in a continual loop.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katy...we missed your most interesting blog and the news about Jason for a few days. Hope you came back refreshed spiritually and physically. Sounds like Jason had a good time with his friends. Blessings to all.Dorothy Franks

Thursday, March 16, 2006 2:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is worth it to check with the metro people for Jason's phone. Stan lost a briefcase once full of important papers and a kind soul had turned it in. I know, a sexy phone is another matter, but . . . it's good to have you back!
Love to you and Jason,

Friday, March 17, 2006 2:40:00 AM  
Anonymous Kathy said...

Welcome back, Katy. I missed reading your posts. I sure hope Jason gets his phone back - I'll say a prayer to St. Anthony for it's return. He hasn't failed me yet!

Friday, March 17, 2006 5:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home