Captain Jason

The latest news on the recover of Jason after his injury in Iraq by an IED.


Pictures

Snail Mail:

Cpt. Jason Scott
WRAMC Building 20
Mologne House Hotel #316
6900 Georgia Ave. NW
Washington DC 20307

Phone: 202 577 0092

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Jason's addition to the blog 11/10/05

Jason walked about 200 feet around the PT room this morning. If you can picture two women about 5'5" tall holding up a 6'4" 200 pound soldier, Dow asked them, "What if he gets woozy?" They said we will yell "HELP"

From Jason (He is not on any pain meds that I know of... so his sense of humor has kicked in :-);

While I was in PT, the Senator from South Dakota and his entourage were visiting soldiers. About 5 people asked me "Would you care to speak with the Senator?" (I think this is for privacy for the patient and to protect the Senator-Katy) The senator approached me and said, "Your country owes you a great debt." Jason: "thank you sir" Silence for about two minutes. Jason is thinking, his quotes, "Should I ask him for a job?" and "How does it feel sir that the only reason you are here is because the constitution requires each state to have two senators?" Then the aide gave me a tee-shirt from S. D I thought "I think I am a political appointee! Maybe a 'Municipal Water Manager?"

Jason said "I had great fun. I would walk directly toward the group with the Senator and they would have to step aside. "Sorta like parting the Red Sea" It was gratifying, everyone has to get out of the way for a disabled vet!" (Whatever motivator it takes to get this soldier walking, Great in my book!-Mom)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason-
It was good to talk to you yesterday. It seems like your sense of humor has indeed returned. You definitely should wait to pull the "disabled vet, give me a job" card until a senator from a better state shows up. I hear Tom Delay's office is hiring.

--Spence

P.S. Congrats! You're getting promoted on 1DEC. Does that mean the blog address will change?

Friday, November 11, 2005 1:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason-

I was heartbroken to hear from spence about what happened, but I'm glad to see from the blog that you're on the mend. I was going to try and hook up with you in Landstuhl, but I was trapped at a gunnery rotation and by the time I could get out of there, I found out that you had already been moved to Walter Reed. Sorry I missed you. Anyway, I just wanted to let you and your family know that you're in my prayers, and I'll be going back to the sandbox in january to get you some payback, my brother. When I get back to the states in '07, I'll look you up, and we can hook up.
-Sam Haines

Friday, November 11, 2005 3:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jason:

You don't know me but I'm your dad's secretary here at Loyola University, Dr. Dow Scott. I just wanted to let you know that I've been reading your updates and I am glad you have your sense of humor back for this I admire you after all you've been through! Please remember that you are in my thoughts & prayers.

Take Care,

Carmen Santiago

Friday, November 11, 2005 1:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Jason. Wanted to send my best wishes and those of my family here in Evanston.

I ride bikes every so often with your old man on the Judson ride here along the North Shore.

I know from his stories that he is very proud of you and it's obvious from these entries that you have an extraordinary family and set of friends. If you have that, you have almost everything, in my way of thinking, and you can count yourself among the very luckiest. Keep on with the good work and get better soon!

--steve courtright

Friday, November 11, 2005 3:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home