Captain Jason

The latest news on the recover of Jason after his injury in Iraq by an IED.


Pictures

Snail Mail:

Cpt. Jason Scott
WRAMC Building 20
Mologne House Hotel #316
6900 Georgia Ave. NW
Washington DC 20307

Phone: 202 577 0092

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Update 11/12/05 by Katy

Hello to all,
Jason was up early and off to PT where he walked a half of a hallway on the third floor. YES!!!
Can't wait to get the machines unhooked so he can feel more free. Hopefully everything will be gone in three weeks. Dr. G couldn't get to him to clean his bottom wounds so it will happen Monday. (11 more soldiers from Iraq/Germany arrived last night/today-3 added to Jason's floor) Jason had a visit from his commander's wife today and another wife of an officer in his unit. Jodi, Jason's girlfriend, has been here all day and will spend most of tomorrow with Jason before heading back to college in FL. So mom and dad stayed out of the room and gave them time alone. Jason's face is breaking out. Any good ideas for skin care when you can't take a bath? Jason's Aunts from Idaho arrived late in the day and we went out to supper. So the weekend continues to be quiet with less activities, but come Monday REHAB will start again.
It is so busy I am glad they give the soldiers/patients the "weekend off" cause Jason is really spent by early evening during the week of rehab. Please continue to pray especially for the healing of Jason's sight and his digestive system.

I want to say "thank you" for the good thoughts, positive healing energy and prayers for Jason. We have heard multiple stories of soldiers in pain for weeks, Jason has not had any concerns with pain, a great blessing. His best friend Dan was to be sent overseas, stationed at the Pentagon for now. I prayed and again you joined me seeking the best for Jason's care and Dan's assignment has been held till after Christmas, a great blessing for Dan is like a brother to Jason. (Dan may be disappointed, but I am saying "Thanks.") Dow's classes have all been arranged so that after grading a few papers he does not teach till summer. A great blessing. I lost my license a picture ID is required for entry to the post. I thought I had lost it at a restaurant. Returning to the security gate I was dreading multiple hours to get me a photo ID when the security guard said, "Someone found it on the ground, we've got it!" Over and over, many blessings and thankfulness, especially for Jason's health.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Katy,

Thanks for the good news. It is so great to hear Jason is walking! Fantastic.
As for the breakouts, in a pinch, you might try witch hazel, which is easy to get. You can use a cotton ball to wash his skin. And products like Clearasil are good for drying out skin and controlling breakouts. They can all be obtained at a drugstore. If it is hard for you to obtain, I can do an order with drugstore.com and it will to you in a few days. Let me know.
Sending love, hugs, and prayers. We will keep up the prayer chains!
Judy

Sunday, November 13, 2005 6:33:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason--

I'm glad that Courtney and Heather made it up there without incident. JC, Joe, and I really want to come see you, but I don't guess we'll be able to leave Samarra to do it. Once we get home (a date that is coming up quickly), Jennifer and I will be coming up there to see you. I'll work out the details with your social coordinators so that it will allow them some time to take care of their business while we're there. Know that those of us still in the fight are thinking about you daily. Get better daily and I'll talk to you soon.

--Spence

Sunday, November 13, 2005 12:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home