Captain Jason

The latest news on the recover of Jason after his injury in Iraq by an IED.


Pictures

Snail Mail:

Cpt. Jason Scott
WRAMC Building 20
Mologne House Hotel #316
6900 Georgia Ave. NW
Washington DC 20307

Phone: 202 577 0092

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

When the team decides "aggressive treatment" patient watch out!

As I wrote yesterday Jason's team decided to increase to "aggressive therapy." The MD's say that "Getting better is Jason's job." (From a mother's viewpoint I have to be honest, "Holy____!" The man arrived here Very Seriously Injured less than 9 weeks ago.) Jason had over 6 hours of therapy today and that is the new regime till he can sit and walk as the Rehab MD's have set the goal. I asked Jason if the therapy hurt, he naturally responded, "YES!!!!" (I know Aunt Barbara, PT person, "no pain no gain.") Jason said they played football-for the left arm, lots of stretches, lots of "leg stuff", lots of "let's rotate your left wrist," "Let's play tongue depressor in your mouth (to stretch jaw, can now only open half an inch or so)." Jason said that after the tongue depressor exercise "My jaw does feel more in line."

A 4 star General Cody from the Chief of Staff came by and gave Jason the expected coin but added something else-a pocket knife. I asked Jason how was the knife, "I don't know how sharp it is until Chris (visiting friend) gets closer to my bed." Jason sounded quite pleased with his remark. So I guess "all day PT/OT" didn't take it all out of him.

Jason recently had sent in an inquiry to the FBI for possible positions. Jason knows he no longer could be considered for an "active agent position" but he had a nice bedside phone call with a representative from the FBI. Today the info arrived about a FBI position of intelligence analyst with a note from the agent saying, "We didn't think we should just send a letter" so along came a nice array of gifts "collected from the office."

Around the hospital:
Dow spent the day fighting with the computer, trying to get his Loyola University class grades completed and filed.

I didn't see Jason much today as my sinus infection required a visit to the MD. It was a beautiful, but quite cold day in DC. As the MD was only less than a half mile I decided to walk. The good social workers at WR had a computer list and a number of MD's showed up at the same address. So off I go and wandered into the lobby and there was sign, "Walk in care" so I took the elevator and "walked in" to a different office than I had planned. Led by the Spirit, I found myself in the office of a woman MD from India who had attended Roman Catholic schools for her 12 years of education. Rekha was completing her work before heading off to New Zealand for her holiday break. Her office was the very bare necessity, no receptionist and she handled calls by her cell phone. She only takes cash, credit or debit card. Her walls are covered with all kinds of art, especially the Hindu representations of the aspects of God as she is beginning to study the Hindu faith because she wants to "know all the world's religions."

We had a delightful one and half hour visit in which Rekha regailed (sp) me with stories from her life (her goal is to visit every country in the world and she has very few left), her family (son and daughter) and her spiritual life. She invited me to come visit her any time I wanted to. (I wonder if we will have tea.) She wanted to know about Jason and said she would come and visit him when she returned from her trip. Such a compassionate doctor, Rekha told me of how she prepares food for one of her AIDS patients when she cooks on Sunday for the week. My body, mind and spirit was lovingly cared for and she included a week's prescription of antibiotics in the visit charge. When I stopped by to say "hi" to Jason on the way to Mologne House; the phone rang and it was Rekha wanting to introduce herself to Jason, promising to come to see him on her return.

Godde is very good and I give thanks for Love of God given
through the hands and words of
we who are all daughters and sons of God.

The Continuing Saga of the Toilet
My intuition was right: "The men came, they saw, the toilet conquered."
They added, subtracted, changed, fought with it in all their ability and it is still leaking.
So tomorrow the saga continues, I will call again....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home