Captain Jason

The latest news on the recover of Jason after his injury in Iraq by an IED.


Pictures

Snail Mail:

Cpt. Jason Scott
WRAMC Building 20
Mologne House Hotel #316
6900 Georgia Ave. NW
Washington DC 20307

Phone: 202 577 0092

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Out to KFC/In with the General

Jason headed out to PT/OT and I stayed in the room. Jason reports that PT/OT were quiet after the visit by CN and Gena yesterday. The weather was absolutely beautiful again today here in DC, blue sky and close to 60 degrees. Jason said he talked to Jodi for an hour sitting outside Mologne. Then he decided he would rest awhile. Jason has been having difficulty sleeping as he says he will turn to the right side and the bone is uncomfortable and wakes him. He fell asleep and slept through the afternoon PT/OT sessions.

I found Jason watching the Olympics: women's curling. He continued a running commentary as neither he nor I understand nor know the sport's terminology. Jason had us both laughing. We agreed they certainly had pretty girls interested in the sport! Sorta like the volleyball girls of summer, but covered up.
We headed for KFC and got carry out because Jason wanted to be at Mologne House to meet 3rd Infantry Division Commander General Webster who had been in Iraq while Jason was serving there. The General spent time with each of the fifteen soldiers who were present and Jason received a coin from him. General Webster told me, "If you break a country, it is yours." (I believe originally said by Colin Powell when he was Sec. of State before the war began.) The General felt the sacrifice of our soldiers would help to build a better country for the Iraqi people. My hope and prayers are for the same.

Today, I took the Metro to Martha and Chuck's to pick up the van so we could use it while she is in Hawaii. I headed to the East Falls Church stop where Chuck picked me up and took me to their home. I petted Olivia their Newfoundland who weighs 90 pounds and thinks she is a lap dog while Chuck googled me a map home and to a local nursing facility.

My sister Judy's mother in law is in a rehab center because she has broken both hips and has had surgery over the last couple of months. Judy and Stan live in Europe and had visited with Jason at Lundstuhl while he was enroute to WR in Germany. Their visit and reports to us were so important as we were so frightened for Jason. Judy and Stan were able to spend the night, met with Jason's team who traveled with him to the US and spent time with Jason who was in a medically induced coma. I wanted to say "Thank you, Judy and Stan" for their kindness to us as Stan has not been able to visit his mother yet. I thought the good Lord provided for me as her facility is located only minutes from Martha's home. I was able to visit with Florence who is doing quite well considering her falls and subsequent surgeries. I met with the social workers and the RN on duty and as Judy and Stan had done for us I was able to send a reassuring email on their efforts to provide care for an ailing one from long distance.

Blessings on each of you as love and care for those in the circles of your life. May your circles of friendship and family sustain and nourish you in peace and joy for all of your lives.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very much enjoying reading about Jason and his recovery. I am touched by the love he is surrounded with. I just want him to know that he and all soldiers are in my prayers every day. I offer prayers for him at mass every week, also.

Saturday, February 18, 2006 7:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home