Captain Jason

The latest news on the recover of Jason after his injury in Iraq by an IED.


Pictures

Snail Mail:

Cpt. Jason Scott
WRAMC Building 20
Mologne House Hotel #316
6900 Georgia Ave. NW
Washington DC 20307

Phone: 202 577 0092

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Whose Heading North on Georgia Ave? Jason

Today was a quiet Tuesday. I wrote the blog, read emails, washed clothes as Jason slept in to about 11 AM. I went over to the mess hall and got a sandwich for Jason for lunch and a pretzel.

We had a quiet afternoon watching TV and organizing the room. I wrote birthday cards for the rest of May as I like to "stay in touch" the 20th century way, snail mail. Late in the afternoon, Jason said, "Let's go out to eat, I think I want Lebanese." As you know, my favorite is Lebanese so off we went. I asked, "Jason want to take a crack at driving on Georgia?" He said, "Sure" and gave it a try. Tight turns are the most difficult as his left wrist is still inflexible. Also I wonder if a key can be placed on the left side as it was hard for him to manipulate the off/on movement with a right hand key placement.

Jason was looking for a guide book to Scotland at Borders as he plans to travel there with Jodi while on his 30 day con leave. After Jason got a Ben and Jerry's Mint chocolate chip shake for desert. When we got back to the room, Jason had purchased a DVD of the Producers so we watched the musical while he text messaged Jodi. The movie wasn't over till 10 PM, then he talked to Jodi about travel plans. After Jason read the novel that Henry Clum (friend from collage) sent him until he finished it. Don't know how long that took Jason, but it was early this morning in the wee hours that he finished it.

Let us give thanks for travel plans and Jason's healing of body, spirit and mind. May all your summer outings and vacations and events be filled with happy memories and gatherings of families and friends. Blessings

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason I can turn a car key with my right prosthetic hook and a little help from my right knee. I'd be glad to talk to you about it.
smchugh@verizon.net

Thursday, May 18, 2006 1:31:00 PM  
Blogger Katy (Scott) Zatsick said...

Thanks Sean,
I will pass the info on to Jason, he is taking a nap, good to talk to you.
Katy

Thursday, May 18, 2006 1:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home